Saturday, March 31, 2012

My '3' REASONS FOR A DIFFERENT LOVE STORY


Prelude : Yes , I am a total failure now a days , I am so irregular in blogging . Something which is been bugging me for quite some time now . Reasons are many , but its a shame to share them . Its simple - I failed . Period. The reason I wanted to feature my first movie review on my blog is I failed to write 10 lines review for this and I needed more space . Also me visiting here again would give a hope of writing something regularly.

'3' : When 'Kolaveri di' released , with all the hype , i thought it will kill the movie irrespective of what it's gonna be. I was banking on the hype which I thought would kill the movie and more than that , the expectations from SUPERSTAR Rajnikanth's daughter and multi talented Kamal Hassan's daughter . Dhanush is in his own league after that national award and hence I thought the image would definitely come in the way . I stopped following anything about this movie just because of kolaveri irritation . Couple of days back , i came across the trailer on youtube and I clicked on play , suddenly my view on it changed ( Whoever did the trailer cuts did an excellent job ) . I thought may be... . I was wrong .

Jumping in - I always wanted to hear love stories from a girl 1) Me being a guy don't get to hear much from the other fence 2) Heard too many stories from the directors of male dominant industry 3) Perception of love . My 3 reasons for hearing a different love story . '3' gave me those 3 reasons , but when I was not expecting .

Dhanush is the king of dark emotions . We have seen that enough of his brilliance in Kadhal Kondein , Pudhupettai and now Mayakkan enna . He again hits back in another meaty role . If in the current generation , an actor who could perform an entire lifetime of a person in a gradient scale , its undoubtedly him . If others claim then they are due to prove themselves . His role as +2 student , as a youngster with his love, and as someone through personal trauma was terrific . Few moments of brilliance will shock you . You would actually believe in his helplessness and his hunger for love . Its Something Kamal Hassan would have been proud of .

Shruthi Hassan's best till date but she was just there playing along with the role , which itself is commendable . She needs to throw off her US accent while speaking tamil , it's for only her good . Otherwise she was very good as a loving wife and girl friend .

Now coming to my lady of '3' reasons . What do you expect from a debutant ? . Nothing but 'hope' to see something fresh . Thats what she did . The maturity in her first work is class apart . What's different ? - Whats tough is to shoot adolescence scenes . You need to have the innocence captured and tell a matured story . She did it (***) . Its never easy to tell a story in close shots when every eye , every tear , every eye brow move , tells something before you express love ( Good job Shruthi ) . She did it . Start a love story in teens , take it to a marriage , make it through a ever expected ups and down's , break it with an unexpected twist and throw yourself into it and make u define what is love for you . How easy is that ? . She did it . Anyone would have 'tried' to show the most famous 'Kolaveri di' super cool . She kept it raw and with the story . Her work in romantic scenes as well as spine chilling psychological emotional moments are just awesome. And to wrap it up , pick the last 2 minutes of your movie . No one would have directed the same way if not for a lady ( Dhanush equally deserves a pat for those moments ) . It will stay with you for some time . '3' Cheers to you Aishwarya Rajnikanth. Both you and your husband killed it . Now take your promising steps forward in a new perspective and direction and show us what we were missing all these days.


I used to think tamil industry is obsessed with masochism , but then dark emotions comes only when it hurts very badly . I heard many people are relating to their loved one's after seeing the movie . Since i don't have one , I was just relating to the characters which itself was a bliss .


Music by Anirudh is good but BGM was extraordinary . 'Kola Bhaskar in Editing would have changed the fate of the movie in second half but he let too much of emotional moments ruin the pace of the movie .


Awesome debut , thrilling performance and curtain raiser to more women directors .


*** In this scene , not once you would see vulgarity , adolescence doesnt take over hormones and yet that immaturity in conversations is in tact . The Lovely lyrics 'Kanzhaga' and the execution stole my heart .

PS : Views expressed are my own and Im not recommending the movie , I told what I felt . A movie like Mayakkam enna is gold to me because it cuts rationalism and brings a different perspective to life . Movie is not just entertainment to me , OK go ahead and judge me .Im back to my peg . Cheers ! .

No comments:

Post a Comment